Sunday, March 6, 2011

Cornell's Way

Note Taking can normally be a problem for many college students such as my self, but there is hope…… I’ve discovered a new way to not only take notes in class but maximize my time when I review over them also. Its called Cornell note taking, you think it was some difficult task to partake in because of its name but its really not. When I first heard of it I thought it was gong to be a waist of my time yet it proved me wrong because I feel I have more time to do other things now, instead of spending extra time looking over my notes not really knowing what’s going on because my mind would always space out.



How the Cornell note taking system works is really easy first you have to draw a straight line down 2 ½ inches in from the left side of the sheet of paper. Once you’ve done that draw a straight line across the sheet of paper where you would normally put you name at. Make surrrrre that the line going down doesn’t over lap the line that’s going across the paper. You should three sections on your sheet of paper two relative small sections and one big section right in the middle.  Nowyour ready to begin taking notes, if you haven’t figured it out by now the bigger section of the paper will be where you take your notes. The smaller section to the left iswhere you would ask yourself questions and note key words. The upper section is where you would have a brief summary of what that class was about on that day.


Using this note taking system has really helped me out these past two weeks I’ve been using them. I use Cornell notes for my CRS 183 coarse and I we just had a quiz last Friday and I fond myself actually knowing what was on it. I didn’t space out or start day dreaming because I couldn’t figure out what was going on.I’m going to start telling more people about this because if it helped me I know it can help out someone else it’s a quick, fast, and easy way to review notes and get good grades while doing so.

No comments:

Post a Comment