Sunday, March 27, 2011

Link -N- Learn

Last week in class we discussed memory aids and the methods that best suit you. Really I've always been using memory aids to help me remember things for upcoming test or quizzes. I found the best course to use memory aids in was a writing or English course. I say this because when most of the time you need to remember definitions and other things for those courses so I usually find something small that I refer back to that particular word with. Most of the time its outrageously dumb things that I won't forget which is a good thing because you want to find things that stand out to you while your in your own head!!!!

  DA Link System........

The link system is what i decided to use, it works like this! you write down the words you need to know for your  class and then figure out another word or image that sounds like it or looks like it. You need to visualize the connection of the word to your imagination and your all set. You might need to keep thinking about the connection more than just once though because so it can be stuck in your head. Like Lil' Wayne said "Repetition is the father of learning".

Dislike 
I didn't like the fact that some words are kind of to difficult to make up something to associate with and if i did find a something to associate it with the process of actually trying to remember it would be way to long. over all its kind of just doing to much for one word. also sort of time consuming to.


Like.....
I thought it was fun to come up with these crazy things and ideas to remember my work. My connections to the words were never forgotten because the link was so long.

No comments:

Post a Comment