Sunday, February 27, 2011

Preppin Time :)

For me its always been a huge problem trying to study for upcoming exam/quizzes.  I usually cram the night before even sometimes right before class and then end up bombing them bad. Definitely not the best method to go about studying for a big exam, although I will say I did have a lot of time to spend with my friends just hanging out when I should have been studying. Anyway in coming to Syracuse university I picked up some new ways of studying for exams. The twenty minute test prep I’ve been taught to do is I feel the best way to really study efficiently it also correlates with time management.


Here’s how it works!


First you should take the proper notes while in class make sure you get the key points from any power point slide your professors show if they do so.

Next thing on the list is to create questions from the personal notes you took. The questions shouldn’t be given to you by the professor they should be your own. This way you will learn the information given easier and faster.

(Something to note while your reviewing the questions you made up is to have study aids handy so you refer to something while you study.study sheets, flash cards, outlines and summaries.)


Go over the questions for ten minutes reviewing and answering them as best as you can then when that ten  minutes is up  review the readings from those courses of the week.  


Not only can you se the twenty minute test prep for classes but for me since I’m an athlete I have an playbook in which I need to know certain plays and strategies to maximize my skills on the field. So I se the twenty minute test prep to help me learn my playbook better, and then I won’t have to think so much about what my assignment is when I’m actually playing out there on the field.


This strategy has definitely worked wonders for me I can no say I am over prepared every time I take a he exam or quiz.

No comments:

Post a Comment