Sunday, April 3, 2011

Be Motivated!! Don't lose hope!! Great New Strategies

Being motivated in college is a hard, HARD thing to do. Too much responsibilities ahead of time, sleepless nights, and a lot of studying can be the factors for being un-motivated. I have passed through hard times these two semesters in which I felt that I failed in my goals, failed on a paper and/or an exam, and classes were starting to get boring. There is no reason for that and there is a way of being more MOTIVATED. The next two strategies really helped me get back on track and become happy with an amazing feeling.

Academic Fears

This is the strategy that really spoke to me. The idea behind this strategy is to list all your academic fears by ranking them from 1 to 3, and predict the worst outcome for the fears. Then comes the best and my favorite part: predicting the best outcome and making up three solutions to solve the crisis that I am battling. As you can see, the strategy was really easy to make and to me it doesn't have to be in one specific course, it did the strategy by looking at some of the things that were happening in class and in my academic life in the past few weeks.



Exploring Rewards

Out of those best outcomes and solutions, let the rewards begin. As you can see, I really love the strategy because out of all the hard work, comes good things. I listed one reward each for something that is low-cost, high-cost, and a reward that doesn't cost anything. It is good for me to know that I can reward myself for all the hard work and knowing that everything pays off, and you can make those academic rewards disappear. And just in case you were wondering, I DO want an iPad 2!!

My Thoughts

These strategies are not about being a visual or kinetic learner. They are not about using a new strategy that can help you study, but this is all about being motivated. I sometimes feel un-motivated because of situations that I knew that I failed and it takes time to feel motivated once again. I can't say nothing negative about the motivation strategies, because there's really nothing negative about them. It's all about predicting the best outcome, hope for the best, and reward myself. These strategies REALLY helped me and I encourage everyone to try them, post them on a wall where you can be reminded every day and you will be fine. Try them and marvelous thing will DO happen!!

2 comments:

  1. Great blog Louis ! I do agree that you have to be motivated to want something accomplished in certain situations

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome blog. I know exactly how you feel I always have the fear of failing. I really liked the academic fears strategy too. I hope you get an iPad 2. Did these strategies motivate you to do anything?

    ReplyDelete