Saturday, April 23, 2011

Do a little TASK MANAGEMENT by hitting your TARGET and DIVIDING BY FOUR!!

OMG!!! I am just a week and a half from finals, but first I got a few papers to write. I am usually good with task management, but this time because it's combined with my regular assignments, out of class work, and my exam preparation time. With these kinds of problems, I am using two strategies that are helping me to finish my papers on time before this Thursday.

Target Planner

There's that famous game of hitting a target. Well this time, it's making your own target by using dates and plans to finish the assignments on time. I used this strategy for my SPA 301 paper, and this allows me to divide the final paper into various parts with dates, all leading up to the due date this Thursday. What I do with this planner is putting it on the wall, which allows me as a visual learner to look at what I have left and when I am supposed to work on a specific task for that assignment.




Divide by Four

Although this strategy is somewhat similar to the Target Planner, it is also useful to manage your task management. This strategy helps you prepare, start, continue, and finish your assignment in the four different ways that I just mentioned. I also used this strategy for my SPA 301 paper and it has helped me divide the task and put specific notes on what I should do for my assignments like preparing introductions and making a bibliography on a certain date.







A little secret...

There is one very good thing about both these strategies, and is that it allows you to CHUNK THE TASK. This allows you to divide the assignment into different parts and do them on a very specific time. That way I don't have to cram one all-nighter working on a paper that I haven't started yet. This is a third strategy that can be put inside into the ones I just mentioned and used. Isn't that great?

My Thoughts

I really, REALLY have nothing negative to say about these strategies. They all worked for me and it can be applied to any course. If you are having a lot of final papers to do, then these strategies are for you. I can say that using these strategies has helped me to save time and sleep more earlier because I knew how to divide my task effectively. I hope this works for you and good luck on finals!!!

2 comments:

  1. Another Great Blog!! I like the target planner and the divide by four strategies too and I have used them alot this semester. I also like how you talked about chunking the task. Good luck on all of your finals :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like how you put your inputs on the strategy ( your thoughts) Great job !

    ReplyDelete