Saturday, April 9, 2011

Ways to Stop Procrastinating and do your work ON TIME!!

I don't consider myself a procrastinator. I always like to make all my work on time and with no excuses, even if I have a lot of temptations on the way. But it's never too late or too soon to have strategies just in case any situation happens. Not that I want to become a procrastinator, but I don't want any excuse or anything to stop me from doing what I am supossed to do.

Excuse Busting

Too much excuses, so little time... I might think so many times... "I have errands to do, it's laundry time, and I haven't cleaned my room in days..." And on top of that I have a paper due tomorrow. Too much excuses, right? The Excuse Busters strategy was perfect for people like me who has some school work to do and have hundreds of excuses. I basically put my excuses and made a "translation" of why I don't do my work. This really helps me to understand the way I never do my work on time.

10-Minute Technique

This is one of my favorite strategies. It's really simple to use. Do your assignments in just 10 minutes, and you will get a lot done. But I have a very simple idea that can help you dominate those ten minutes and not waste any time at all. What I would usually do, is set a timer of ten minutes at my iPhone and with that sense, I will be time pressured in order to finish my work in time, after those 10 minutes, another ten min. to have fun, then back to work, fun, work, fun... Just like that and you will get your work finished on time.

My Thoughts

Like I said before, I really, REALLY don't consider myself to be a procrastinator. But I felt that when I was using these strategies, I felt more relieved and confident that I could do all my work on time. The strategies were easy to use and forces me to take action when I am stuck on doing anything for a class. Also in the case of the 10-minute technique, the strategies really help me get motivated. Hope everybody (whom probably is more of a procrastinator than I) tries these strategies and get amazing and better results. STOP PROCRASTINATING!!!

2 comments:

  1. Another great blog. You did a great job of explaining the excuse busting strategy which was helpful to me beacuse I did not use this strategy. After reading what you thought about I am considering using it because I am a huge procrastinator and need to stop making excuses. Great job cant wait to read your blog next week

    ReplyDelete
  2. 10 minute technique seems like a good idea ! good job on your blog !

    ReplyDelete