Sunday, April 10, 2011

Stopping Procrastination!

Procrastination a huge problem in our society today. We need to find ways to stray away from this disease if you will. I think people procrastinate because either we're to lazy or we just have a busy schedule and forget about somethings that we need to do. For me the reason why I procrastinate is because of my schedule not to say I just I don't just get lazy sometimes and put it off until the last minute but I have gotten better with my procrastination. I used to wait until the day my work is due to get it done but that created all sorts of problems for me because doing my work the day of cut into my off time were I would sleep before practice or in between classes. For the first procrastination tech assignment I used chunking the task which helped me out tremendously and the strategy I used this time was Excuse Busting this is also a really good strategy for me in particular.








I used this strategy for my writing 205 class because I tend to procrastinate in this class a little. I needed to type up some paragraphs about my project I'm doing in the class and I didn't want to wait until the last minute to do it all. Doing my home work was easy when it came down to it but then thats the reason i procrastinated in the first place because it was really easy to do. This strategy makes you understand the consequences to not doing my work like getting a bad homework grade that would bring my grade down the class because its a big part of the class since we don't have tests and quizzes in the class. I've gotten all of it done in a matter of 30 minutes, I just had to sit down at my computer and focus enough to get it all done. 






















Likes: I like how this strategy makes you think of all possible consequences at hand so you give your self no choice but to finish it. I also liked that once I was done with my home work it took a lot of stress off of me and I like that because I usually think about my home work while I'm in practice and it makes me unfocused sometimes. 




Dislikes: There wasn't anything I can say about the strategy that I didn't like. It made me get all my work done ahead of time.




Using the strategies I learned will make me a better person and a less stressed person. If someone with chronic procrastination were to use these strategies I feel they would become a better student.

No comments:

Post a Comment