Saturday, April 16, 2011

How to control your Stress with control over YOU!!

It's the end of a very long day for me. As I sit down and look at my planner to see what I have to do for today, my eyes just go wild and my mind goes nuts. I am starting to feel stressed out, because I feel that I have a lot of work. I think personally that stress is just a feeling to make you nervous and anxious about everything. But read this: STRESS CAN BE REDUCED!!! Although sometimes you feel that stress cannot go away, trust me: EVERY PROBLEM HAS A SOLUTION. This week, I tried two strategies that can help you reduce your stress completely.

A Day at a Time

You have control over stress and this is a strategy that really spoke to me and it can speak to you. One night before going to bed, I looked and thought about the things that caused me stressed during the day. For example, I had a SPA 301 test last Thursday that was causing me stress. I studied and took the exam and it's now off my stress list. Also you can see that I have various long-term goals that are causing me stress during some parts of the week that I cannot take away for now. But once that stress is over, it's off the list. It's a great strategy that not only reminds you what stresses you have, but you can eliminate everything that doesn't cause you stress everywhere.

Stress-O-Meter

I personally didn't know that measuring your stress can be that easy. I think the Stress-O-Meter really helped me to measure my levels and attitudes to my academic abilities every day. The idea is simple: measure your stress from 1 to 5 (1 is fine, 5 is super stressed), find the cause of the stress, and put a stress reducer that you use. I love listening to music, so that is a super stress reducer to me. This is a great way to measure and reduce your stress and see how you act against academic situations every day.

My Thoughts

Stress doesn't disappear fully and sometimes it feels that stress always can stay to you forever. But with these strategies, you can reduce stress significantly. My experience was really good while using these strategies, and although I feel overwhelmed, these strategies reduced my stress significantly. I really have nothing negative to say about the strategies. I encourage you to try them and see your yourself that stress can be reduced.

2 comments:

  1. Another spectacular blog. I really like the way you opened the blog it made it more interesting to read. Everything you wrote about was so relatable. I agree I really liked the strategies I used this week and there was nothing negative that I could say about them either. We used different strategies but I think I am going to try using the Stress O Meter strategy I like the way you explained and I think it will work good for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great blog ! Of course everybody has stress louis, but with these stradegies I'm sure you won't have a lot of it !

    ReplyDelete