Sunday, April 3, 2011

Ways To Stay Motivated

I keep myself motivated in many ways whether it's out on the field or in the classroom. I've developed certain strategies that help me do what i need to do to be successful. Although.... there are many other motivational strategies that have been taught to me recently and i actually like the new ways i've learned. 

One of the motivational strategies I've learned is called exploring rewards this strategy helps you map out the rewards to doing something that requires that certain level of motivation you need. 
I used this for my writing 205 courses because thats the class giving me some trouble. Don't have test in the class but we get a good amount of homework in there and I started to find myself really unmotivated to do the homework. The class was easy so sometimes I just blow the homework off but using this strategy really helps you put everything into perspective because I couldn't keep missing my homework without any consequences. but now i got my act together and I'm on top of everything now. 


Academic Fears 

This was the second strategy I used and i felt like it had done the same thing the exploring rewards strategy did it just had a different name. 

I used this strategy for my NSD 225 class because I felt I needed a little more extra enthusiasm trying to pass this class. I always feel so sleepy when I have this class, probably because its my first class of the day and its kind of a joke class but that makes it all the worse because I need to receive a good grade in their . Like the exploring  rewards strategy it also put things into perspective for me because I need a good grade in that class also. I'm not worried about passing either one of these classes though because like I said if I were in really deep about to fail I'd shape up right and get everything done with my internal motivation.

No comments:

Post a Comment