Monday, April 11, 2011

Seeking Motivation to End Procrastination

To be honest, I didn't really find any strategies I liked in this section, as I see procrastination and motivation to be two sides of the same coin. In other words, you need to MOTIVATE in order to not PROCRASTINATE.

As such, I found that most of the methods I used during this chapter were from other sections. The 10 minute technique can be in any one of these chapters, it's entirely universal. X-minute comes in handy when you just don't want to read a chapter of a text book.

Also, what I find helps prevent procrastination is having a plan. When working on a project, having an idea of where you want to go with it makes the project less daunting and frustrating and more engaging. The same works for preventing procrastination. If I lay out a plan ahead of time for the day, or even the rest of the week, I know that my work is structured, and that I have enough time to get everything done. Of course, I make sure to schedule in plenty of breaks. With this, I feel an urge, an obligation even, to stick to the schedule, and I know I'll get things done and I won't stress over doing them.


With a schedule in mind, and some handy techniques to help break up my work, excuses are a thing of the past.

No comments:

Post a Comment