Saturday, April 23, 2011

Managing your task the EASY WAY !

Are you the type of person who panics when you are given a HUGE assignment that is impossible to do within a day ? Don't know how to manage your assignments ? Tired of wasting your time and leaving your school work for the last minute ? Fed up with PROCRASTINATION? It's all about managing your time the best way possible ! Here's how you can learn how to sit your butt down on a chair and get your act together instead of procrastinating.

How to manage your assignments ?

These are the top strategies that I have learned to follow in order to be successful with managing my assignments.
  • First off, you have to work on your hardest course first or the hardest assignment. Why ? Hard courses require a lot of your attention span and concentration, that's why they should be done first. You are more alert when you begin something and your attention span is at it's best.
  • Second, divide your assignments into small parts so you can lead your attention span into a guide of hard to easy work. For example, time your self on how long it takes for you to do a reading assignments. Break it down into small pieces so let's say it takes you an 1 hour to read a article for homework. Then chunk it down and read 10 min., break, 10 min. again. See ? Very simple.
  • Thirdly, you can alternate other things during your study time. For example, while working on your "hard course project", set a side another task you have to do but that's easier. That way you can switch every so often so it can maintain your concentration.
  • Fourth, list your assignments by due dates so in that way you can force yourself to get them accomplish early. The early due dates should have the highest priority assignments.
Divide by 4
One strategy that I have been using lately is the divide by four. Each week i have an assignment for Sociology and it's basically a paper that i have to write every week based on the readings we are assigned to read. Personally, I don't like to read so i would leave everything till the last minute and when the last day would come to give in a certain assignment, i would skim and basically write whatever i thought the article was about. Using divide by far helped me management my assignment. So how did i use divide by four ? When using this strategy, you basically have to remember these 4 concept. Prepare, start, continue and finish.

1.Prepare- I read the article that was assigned from my sociology class, and then i brainstormed idea's what i could write about. How was i going to write it ?

2.Start- I started brainstorming ideas and created an outline.

3.Continue - I wrote the paper, incorporating the main questions that my professors wanted to answer.

4.Finish- I revised it and gave it. Lately i have been getting 10/10 on my papers !

Likes
What i liked about this strategy is that it helped me break down the assignments and i actually learned what i read about instead of skimming which was no good. I also liked how i set little deadlines, like "okay, I'm going to start this on Monday, write the paper 0n Wednesday, and give it in on Friday. It's easy as one, two, three and it's an effective strategy. It's not even time consuming. I even did some of my Spanish homework while the article was started to become more dense because i was loosing focus on how hard it was to understand it. But then i kept switching back and forth, maintaining my concentration and my attention span.

Dislikes
None.

2 comments:

  1. Awesome blog. I love the picture at the beginning of this post. You did a great job of describing the divide by four project. I used this strategy too in my WRT 205 class and it helped me to get organized. I wish you luck on all of your exams.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great blog!! I especially loved the organization of the blog with all the documentation that was provided and that made it easier for me to read. Amazing job from start to finish!!

    ReplyDelete